Sunday, December 18, 2005

Tiny Rincon!


(Click on pic for larger Image)





















Tiny Waves At Rincon
Rincon has the best surf I have ever seen. Unfortunately, this wasn't one of those days! These are the smallest waves I ever saw there that were ridable. It was still fun and at least it wasn't crowded!
This is the only pic I have of me surfing Rincon. I surfed there for about eight years in the 70's and caught a lot of good days. The problem about getting good pics was that all of my friends that surfed couldn't pull themselves out of the water on good days so I have no pics!
This picture was taken by my mom in '84.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes Rincon...

Used to surf there with my friend Pat Van Auken.. on our Ventura, Ca. boards made by Morey Pope. Mine was a 7ft sop with camel

7:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I used to work about a half a mile from there in the industrial park just south of Rincon, on the mountain side of the freeway. At lunch we would drive up on top of Bates and check out the surf while we ate.
Often, too often really, if the surf was up we would skio out on the job and go surfin'!
After a while the company stopped hiring anyone that surfed!
She is trul the Queen of the Coast!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Tigre said...

I also enjoy thinkin bout my past days... but i don't got that many.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Tigre!
Hopefully you will enjoy a lot of good experiences and then someday think back and enjoy them as you tell your friends and family and reminisce about "old times!".

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home