Friday, November 11, 2005

Santa Barbara Memories





(Click on pic for larger image)


















I used to live across the street from the harbor in Santa Barbara. At the end of the breakwater, which forms the man-made harbor, there is a sandbar. It varies in size and shape depending on the season and ocean conditions but it makes an incredible wave when swells sweep along the breakwater and race down the length of the sandbar, curving with its shape. It sometimes starts of with a huge backwash at the take off point then races into the harbor as one of the fastest, most hollow waves anywhere!
In winter I would surf till dark, paddle across the harbor with the lights on the Santa Barbara Riviera and downtown sparkling in the crisp night air. I would walk the half a block to my apartment and then rinse off and change out of my wet suit in my hot shower! I didn't know how good I had it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home